Environments and Spaces - Intermountain Graduate Conference
ENVIRONMENTS AND SPACES
March 12 & 13, 2021
Sponsored by the English Graduate Student Association at Idaho State University
We are pleased to announce the 2021 Intermountain Graduate Conference. This year we are seeking a variety of papers around the theme “Environments and Spaces,” interpreted and explored broadly across topics and perspectives. The concept of human interactions with our environment(s) appears throughout human history, from the beginning of recorded history to the exploration of outer space and beyond.
Various approaches to our theme mightinclude:
- Relationships between characters/figures and their environment(s) and personal space(s)
- Unique interactions between genres and disciplines and their approaches to environment(s) and personal space(s)
- Representations of new environment(s) and personal space(s) in gender, racial, and cultural studies
- Pedagogies that promote ways of teaching about the environment/environments and personal space(s) (both old and new)
- Attempts to broaden our understanding of our environment(s) and personal space(s)
- New understandings of our environment(s) and personal space(s) related specifically to the COVID-19 pandemic
We welcome submissions from both graduate and undergraduate students in all disciplines. In addition, we would happily consider other forms of presentation, such as performance art, poster presentations, and readings of creative work.
Please submit a 300-word proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org by Saturday, February 13, 2021.
Undergraduate students should submit with their proposal a scanned signature from a professor who has reviewed the proposal or paper.
For more information, please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com.
The conference is free and open to the public.