Humanities Bulletin Journal, UK - Call for new Editorial Board Members
Humanities Bulletin is looking for new Editorial Board Members with the passion to drive the journal forward in an exciting period of development, on a voluntary basis. It is a significant role that will require active engagement with the journal and author community, particularly in assisting with peer review.
Humanities Bulletin was founded in 2018 and it is hosted by London Academic Publishing, London, UK. HB is a multidisciplinary open access peer-reviewed Journal which features original studies and reviews in the various branches of Humanities, including History, Literature, Philosophy and Arts.
This journal is not allied with any specific school of thinking or cultural tradition; instead, it encourages dialogue between ideas and people with different points of view. Our aim is to bring together different international scholars, in order to promote the dialogue between cultures, ideas and new academic researches.
Frequency: Two issues per year - May and November
The role of the Editorial Board is to act as an ambassador for the journal, working closely with the Editor in Chief and Associate Editors to promote the journal content and engage with the journal’s reader and author community. Successful candidates will be expected to champion the journal and help us to maintain and improve the Journal’s standards and quality by:
- Regularly agreeing to review papers when invited by Associate Editors, and handle these promptly to ensure fast turnaround times;
- Assist in identifying peer reviewers suitable to a specific topic and provide second opinions on papers in case of reviewer’s conflict;
- Suggest referees for papers that you are unable to review yourself;
- Support the Journal through the submission of your own manuscripts where appropriate;
- Encourage colleagues and peers to submit high quality manuscripts to the Journal;
- Support in promoting the Journal;
- Attend virtual Editorial Board meetings when possible;
- Be an ambassador for the journal; build, nurture, and grow a community around it;
- Increase awareness of the articles published in the journal in all relevant communities and amongst colleagues
If you would like to apply for the position of an Editorial Board Member, please contact the Editor-in-chief to email@example.com including your CV and a brief cover letter detailing why you are a suitable candidate.