HJEAS Books, New Series: RESEARCH MONOGRAPHS or EDITED COLLECTIONS
HJEAS Books, New Series
The Hungarian Journal of English and American Studies (HJEAS) will launch a series of books to be published by Debrecen University Press beginning in 2022 that will reflect scholarship in the areas covered by the Journal, which include but are not limited to the literature, film, art, history, and religion of the United States, Canada, Ireland, England, Scotland, Australia, and New Zealand. All books will be published as Open Access ebooks and as printed using Print on Demand. They will be kept in print.
PROPOSALS for either RESEARCH MONOGRAPHS or EDITED COLLECTIONS are welcome.
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
With all submissions please provide:
- Author(s)’/editor(s)’ name(s) and affiliations
- Proposed title and subtitle
- A 500-1000-word abstract of the project, including its scholarly merits, central argument, methodology, its outstanding features, and the main audience it addresses
- The expected overall length of the projects (in thousands of words)
- A current CV of the author(s)/editor(s)
- An estimate of any proposed illustrations
- A tentative date for completion
FOR RESEARCH MONOGRAPHS supply
- A Table of Contents with a 500-word chapter by chapter outline of the proposed book
- A sample chapter
FOR EDITED COLLECTIONS supply
- A list of proposed contributors including their academic affiliations, their contact info, and a 300-word professional biography for each
FORMAT of PROPOSALS
- Double spaced throughout in Times New Roman 12 or 14 point type using parenthetical citations as given in the seventh edition of the MLA Handbook, and
- Conform to the current HJEAS Style Sheet (https://ojs.lib.unideb.hu/hjeas/about)
DIRECTyour proposal to the relevant editor:
Professor Lenke Németh for American Studies, Art, Drama and Theatre; firstname.lastname@example.org
Professor István Rácz for English Studies and Poetry;
Professor Donald E. Morse for Irish Studies and all other areas.
Accepted manuscripts will be Copy Edited and Production Edited by HJEAS.
AUTHORS of monographs and EDITORS of collections are responsible for
- suggesting two scholars familiar with the work who would be willing to give their candid opinion on it to be quoted on the cover of the book;
- any illustrations including the cover;
- all necessary permissions to reprint;
- obtaining permission to use material in print and digital formats, (If permission cannot be obtained by the contracted submission date, we reserve the right to remove the material from the final typesetting.);
- including a subject-matter and name index;
- insuring that all contributors attest to and take responsibility for the originality of their work.
HJEAS Books New Series reserves the right to ask for subvention.
Authors of monographs will receive an e-copy of their book together with 10 printed copies. Editors of collections will receive an e-copy of the book together with 4 printed copies. Each contributor will receive both an e-copy and a printed copy of the book. The distribution of printed copies to contributors will be the responsibility of the editor.