Fans, Fandoms, and Celebrity Studies for NEPCA 2021
The Fan, Fandoms, and Celebrity Studies area encourages submissions that focus on interrogating the ideas and the ideals of fans and fandoms, and why we idolize celebrities. We welcome submissions from all theoretical and philosophical perspectives. We are open to submissions in any area of fan and celebrity studies including but not limited to:
- Creation and authenticity of fandoms
- Fandoms, diversity and inclusion
- Celebrity marketing, advertising, and public relations
- Social media use and celebrity status
- Defining fandoms
- Fandoms and politics
- Celebrities and illness
- Sport fandoms and celebrities
- Issues of fame and what it means to be famous in our culture
- Fandom comparisons between cultures
- Trust and value of celebrity
- An individual celebrity
2021 Northeast Popular Culture Association (NEPCA) will be a virtual conference held between Thursday, October 21-Saturday, October 23, 2021. Please note that proposals are due by August 1, 2021.
Presentations will be limited to 15 or 20 minutes in length depending on the final panel size.
Please select “Fan, Fandoms, and Celebrity Studies” as your designated area.
Please address any questions about submissions to the area chair, Shelly Jones, at email@example.com