ICEA 2021: 86th Annual Conference
ICEA 2021: Keep Calm and Conference On
86th Annual Conference
October 15, 2021
Entirely Virtual, via Zoom
_ _ _
The theme for the 86th Annual Conference of the Indiana College English Association is "Keep Calm and Conference On." We have adapted, overcome challenges, continued to thrive as Teacher-Scholars, and maintained our commitment to model the academy’s integrity as we move onward. How have you adapted to the exigencies of this most peculiar year? What surprised you, sustained you, nourished your work? How may we translate the lessons we’ve learned and optimize them in our pedagogical commitment to students?
We invite your contributions to this year’s conference by presenting on one of the following areas of inquiry:
- Literary analysis and/or textual criticism
- Teaching digitally; lessons learned during the pedagogical shift due to the pandemic
- Writing across the curriculum (WAC) and/or writing in the disciplines (WID)
- Rhetoric and composition
- Linguistics/language studies
- Creative writing
- Historical and/or cultural contextualizations of literature
- Other pedagogy and classroom practices
- Professional writing
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL/TEFL/TELL, etc.)
- cross-disciplinary or interdisciplinary work
- OR on any approach of your choice to meet our conference’s theme, Keep Calm and Conference On.
…and more: all papers relating to post-secondary English studies are welcome.
We encourage you to email your 200-word abstract, along with your name, position (if applicable), and academic affiliation (if applicable) by September 5, 2021 to IndianaCEA@gmail.com. Graduate students are encouraged to submit; we also look forward to faculty-mentored undergraduate submissions.
When proposing a full panel, please send one single abstract, with titles and information for all papers and panelists.
If your paper or panel is accepted, you will be required to join the ICEA in order to present.
If your abstract is accepted, you will be invited to join ICEA, and/or register for the conference. Registration for 2021, as we are fully digital, is $35 for full-time faculty. If you are a student (undergraduate or graduate), retired, part-time, or adjunct faculty, or independent scholar, the registration is $25. If you'd simply like to join ICEA and attend the conference, the cost of yearly membership is $25.
Extended Conference Opportunity: as we are an affiliate of the College English Association, successful papers presented at ICEA 2021 are welcomed for submission and presentation at CEA’s 2022 national conference; this allows for further refinement of a paper/idea, to a broader audience.