Terrorized by Twins: Doppelgangers and the Specter of the Double
Call for Papers for The University of Texas Permian Basin’s 4th Annual Halloween Conference Saturday, Oct. 30, 2021. The conference will be conducted both live and virtually from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
The word “doppelganger” in German translates to “double walker.” It is a phenomenon that involves someone seeing an exact double of themselves, or an apparition of someone who has passed away. Twins can be omens of death, and often depict shadows, and/or doubles, in literature. Scholarly researched articles welcome addressing literature and humanities in the realms of:
- The Self as Doppelganger,
- Cultural apparitions/haunters,
- Doppelgangers in folklore,
- Doubles in gender, ethnicity,
- Doubles, twinning and shadows in literature, film and/or novels,
- Twins that haunt us. Identity, transcultural identity, transgender identity, psychology studies, cultural studies, and literary criticism.
Now accepting abstracts of 250-300 words.
Due to the constant flux of CDC guidelines, this conference may be presented entirely virtually. It will be available both live and virtually. Travel is not expected.
For more information, please contact Myra Tatum Salcedo at email@example.com