David Foster Wallace Society Panel at NEMLA 2022
The International David Foster Wallace Society are accepting papers for panel at the 53rd NeMLA, which will take place between March 10-13, 2022 at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront in Baltimore, Maryland.
We are seeking submissions related to any aspect of Wallace’s fiction or nonfiction. Paper topics may include but are not limited to:
- New close readings of individual texts, especially those that might challenge conventional wisdom and established readings
- Wallace and the digital/virtual, especially in light of social distancing
- Wallace and genre fiction
- Wallace in the public sphere, including national politics
- Wallace’s self-management of his own public image
- Wallace and race
- Wallace and cultural space, including regional identity
- Teaching Wallace, especially to non-majors or in departments other than English
- Wallace and emergent media
Please send abstracts of no more than 300 words including name, institutional affiliation (if any), and contact information, no later than September 30th, 2021, through the NeMLA portal: https://www.cfplist.com/nemla/Home/S/19569 Please indicate if you will need AV equipment.