Proposal Deadline Extended! - CFP - Healing Through the Humanities
HEALING THROUGH THE HUMANITIES
March 11 & 12, 2022
Sponsored by the English Graduate Student Association at Idaho State University
We are pleased to announce the 2022 Intermountain Graduate Conference. This year we are seeking a variety of papers around the theme “Healing through the Humanities,” interpreted and explored broadly across topics and perspectives. To say that the COVID-19 pandemic has tested the limits of people's emotional and mental health would be an understatement. However, throughout this experience we have seen firsthand how important the humanities are as they provide insight and understanding into the human condition. Additionally, they have offered comfort and distraction as tempers have flared and emotions have stretched thin. We now turn to another power of the humanities, which is their ability to help us heal--to mend and soothe individuals, restore relationships, reconnect the world, and open minds to empathy and understanding the experiences of others.
Various approaches to our theme might include:
- Historical, artistic, or scientific methods to understand the process of healing in and through the humanities, especially in light of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Perspectives on humanities and the healing of people, relationships, or environments
- Representations of or approaches to healing and restoration in gender, racial, and cultural studies
- Attempts to broaden our understanding of psychological or philosophical approaches to healing
- Interdisciplinary approaches to healing through visual or performing arts
- Pedagogies that investigate or promote ways of healing through the humanities
We welcome submissions from both graduate and undergraduate students in all disciplines, and we are open to topics unrelated to the conference theme. In addition, we would happily consider other forms of presentation, such as performance art, poster presentations, and readings of creative work.
Please submit a 300-word proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 28, 2022.
Undergraduates should submit with their proposal a scanned signature from a professor who has reviewed the proposal or paper.
For more information, please do not hesitate to email us or visit our website at
The conference is free and open to the public.