2nd International Research Paper Writing Competition
deadline for submissions:
December 20, 2021
full name / name of organization:
Kathmandu School of Law Review
KSLR is pleased to announce the 2nd International Research Paper Writing Competition (IRPWC)
Theme of the Competition: Contemporary Issues in Migration Law
Sub-themes: Including, but not limited to:
- Issues within the definition and classification of ‘migration’ and ‘migrants’;
- Issues within various international legal frameworks applicable to human migration. These include: human rights law, international labour standards, refugee law, the law against transnational organized crimes, environment law (notably the law on climate change), humanitarian law, international health regulation, and such;
- Relativism in law, policies and practices among states of origin, transit and destination, and the consequential gaps in protection of migrants;
- The role and functions of inter-governmental organizations and the national government(s) in managing human migration and protecting migrants;
- Accountability of non-state actors;
- Legal and policy amendments to address the disruptions in and emerging patterns of human migration in the wake of the COVID 19 pandemic.
Deadline: 20 December 2021, 11:59 PM NPT (GMT +5:45).
- Students enrolled in bachelors, masters or Ph.D. level of studies, research scholars, and early career academicians with no more than 7 years of experience in their profession.
- A paper may have up to three authors.
- Only one submission is allowed per author.
- Best paper: Cash prize of US $150/ and a certificate.
- Second best paper: Cash prize of US $100/ and a certificate.
- Third best paper: Cash prize of US $50/ and a certificate.
Paper submission link: https://forms.gle/N5cSCYNCN9JKfreJ9
Detailed information is available in the Guidelines, which can be found at shorturl.at/fgCVW.