Racism, Decolonization, Blackness, Indigeneity, and Racial Empowerment
Call for Submissions: The RAACES Review, Volume 2, Issue 1 (2022).
Deadline for submissions: Friday, March 11, 2022.
For our second issue (Spring/Summer 2022), we invite academic and creative pieces about racism, racialization, decolonization, Blackness, Indigeneity, and racial empowerment in any field. We welcome submissions from faculty, staff, students of all levels (undergraduate and graduate), and community members. We are particularly interested in explorations of:
- The pandemic and the racialized body – with the body as that of the individual, the community, and the body politic.
- Queerness, race, and other intersectionalities.
- Institutional racist and anti-racist cultures.
- Balancing: doing anti-racist work & doing EDID work.
- Race, the carceral state, and abolition.
- Race and the environment.
- Embodiment & racialization.
- Mobilization for racial equity now – experiences, successes, and challenges.
- Anti-racism and issues of academic freedom.
- Race and borders.
Submissions can be made to one of five streams:
- "Manifestos" and Documented Interventions (e.g., letters).
- Artistic expressions, including poetry and photo-essays.
- Academic: scholarly articles (5000-7000 words inclusive of titles, headings, notes and references), including autoethnographies, first person narratives, theoretical work, and phenomenological pieces.
- “Op-Ed” opinion pieces (700-750 words).
- Reviews: includes book reviews (500-750 words), review essays (2000-2500 words), and review articles(5000-7000 words).
All submissions must be submitted through the OJS portal at:
If you have any questions, please contact us at: email@example.com