LCCT 2022: Call for Presentations
The Call for Presentations is now open for the 9th annual London Conference in Critical Thought (LCCT), hosted and supported by the School of Law at Birkbeck College, University of London.
The LCCT is a free, inter-institutional, interdisciplinary conference in critical thought that takes place annually in different institutions across London. LCCT follows a non-hierarchical, decentralised model of organisation that undoes conventional academic distinctions between plenary lectures and break-out sessions, aiming instead to create opportunities for intellectual critical exchange regardless of participants’ disciplinary field, institutional affiliation, or seniority. LCCT has no overarching or predetermined theme. The conference’s intellectual content and academic tone are set anew each year, stemming from thematic streams that are conceived, proposed and curated by a group of stream organisers.
The streams for #LCCT2022 are:
- · Art Practice and Critical Pedagogy
- · Autotheory: Criticism and Practice
- · Common Ground: Between Geology & Art
- · Counter- and Critical-Infrastructures
- · The ‘Employability’ Agenda in Higher Education
- · The End of Biopolitics?
- · Extra-Institutionality and the Political
- · From Socially Engaged Art to Socially Engaged Humanities?
- · Hair Club
- · The Measurement and Surveillance of Practice
- · Misunderstandings and In/Justice
- · Modelled Worlds
- · Negativity in Contemporary Continental Thought
- · Social Media Empires
- · Sticky Matters
- · To be Monstrous
Please send abstracts for proposed presentations to email@example.com with the relevant stream title indicated in the subject line. Abstracts should be no more than 250 words and must be received by Monday, 18 March 2022. We aim to make the LCCT open and accessible to all. For any queries about accessibility requirements, please get in touch with us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full Call for Presentations can be found here: Call for Presentations LCCT 2022
LCCT is free to all speakers and attendees but registration is required.