Elizabeth Bowen Review Volume 5
The editors of the Elizabeth Bowen Review are seeking scholarly and innovative essays for publication in the fifth volume of the journal in October 2022.
For this issue, the editors are particularly interested in essays on Bowen’s later fiction (The Little Girls and Eva Trout). However, we are also keen to see work on any aspect of Bowen’s writing, essays which situate her work in national and global perspectives. Themes may include:
- Bowen’s work aligned with other writers in Ireland, the UK, Europe or worldwide
- new narrative forms that emerge in Bowen’s writing
- Issues of identity or loyalty in Bowen’s work
- Bowen as a reviewer and critic
- Bowen as a travel writer.
Essays should be 6-7,000 words, including citations, and use Harvard referencing. Please attach a 150-word abstract and a short biography.
Completed essays should be submitted by April 30th 2022.
More information about the journal is available at http://www.bowensociety.com/elizabeth-bowen-review/
Please send completed essays or any enquiries to the editors, Dr Nicola Darwood and Dr Nick Turner: email@example.com.