Looking For Guests for Writing/Pedagogy Podcast

deadline for submissions: 
August 30, 2022
full name / name of organization: 
Writing Remix Podcast

Hi! My name is Dan Dissinger. I'm a professor in the USC Writing Program and I host Writing Remix, a podcast about writing, language, and pedagogy. I would love to have you as a guest on the podcast. 

The aim of the podcast is to explore the role of language, writing, and communication in our changing world and how the work we do in the classroom and in our writing--to embrace diverse genres and literacies, dismantle white supremacy, and revise our ideas about society and ourselves--is of crucial importance, now more than ever. Recently, the podcast won the 2021 John Lovas Award for Outstanding Online Project in Writing Studies and co-founded the Humanities Podcast Network, which held our first International Symposium last year. 

Our audience is interested in all things writing, language, and teaching as well as the immediate events affecting our community and world. 

Please reach out to me with a small 250-word description of your expertise, idea for the episode, and your free days. This podcast is recorded on the west coast, so all times are in PST. I'm accepting and booking on a rolling basis.

Currently, I'm recording episodes on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays, and the time of day is flexible. Each recording usually takes 60 minutes and is conducted via Zoom. If you're interested in coming on the show, let me know what works. If you have any questions, definitely reach out and ask anything you want, and if you want, we can set up a Zoom call. 

You can find our entire back catalog on our website, writingremixpodcast.com.