Podcast for Pop-Culture/Nerd/Nostalgia Podcast

deadline for submissions: 
September 1, 2022
full name / name of organization: 
The Nostalgia Test Podcast

Hi! My name is Dan Dissinger. I'm a professor in the USC Writing Program and I host a pop culture/nerd/nostalgia comedy podcast with my longtime friend and micro-brewery owner Manny Coelho. 

The aim of the podcast is to revisit our childhood movies, tv shows, video games, music, etc, and to the ultimate test--THE NOSTALGIA TEST! It's a fun comedy podcast, and we always aim to have a great time. 

Recently, we've been expanding our podcast goals to interviewing/talking to experts in the field of pop culture. We've talked to the director of The Orange Years, Scott Barber, about his project on looking back at Nickelodeon from the 90s, and most recently we talked to the creator of the arcade game Q*bert Warren Davis. We learned so much from these two episodes and want to do even more learning and provide engaging pop culture expertise to our audience. 

A little more about me, Dan Dissinger. I'm a writing professor at USC and I host an award-winning podcast called Writing Remix, where I explore the role of language, writing, and communication in our changing world and how the work we do in the classroom and in our writing--to embrace diverse genres and literacies, dismantle white supremacy, and revise our ideas about society and ourselves--is of crucial importance, now more than ever. Recently, the podcast won the 2021 John Lovas Award for Outstanding Online Project in Writing Studies and co-founded the Humanities Podcast Network, which held our first International Symposium last year. 

Podcasting is serious to me, and even though The Nostalgia Test is a comedy podcast, when we have guests on we are serious about learning and engaging at a high level. 

Please reach out to me with a small 250-word description of your expertise, idea for the episode, and your free days. This podcast is recorded on the west coast, so all times are in PST. I'm accepting and booking on a rolling basis.

Currently, we record every other Monday evening starting at 530 pm PST/830 pm EST. Each recording usually takes 60 minutes and is conducted via Zoom. If you're interested in coming on the show, let me know what works. If you have any questions, definitely reach out and ask anything you want, and if you want, we can set up a Zoom call. 

You can find our entire back catalog on our website, https://linktr.ee/thenostalgiatest.