Writing Across the Curriculum (MMLA)
The Midwest Modern Language Association’s 2022 conference theme is “Post-Now.” The conference will take place November 16-21 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. (https://www.luc.edu/mmla/convention/callforpapers/)
The Writing Across the Curriculum permanent session will explore this theme by exploring our ethical responsibilities as instructors of writing, our pedagogy, and our work with students as they seek to find their voice in composition classrooms.
Topics might include, but are not limited to:
- Approaches and assignments that encourage socially relevant dialogues
- Collaborative pedagogy
- Disability studies approach to writing studies
- Methods for guiding students through arguments and counterarguments (this could include teaching students to interrogate their biases)
- Approaches to teaching productive engagement with sources
- Addressing political or social challenges through writing
- Building community within writing centers or between writing centers and classroom instruction
- Empathy and Praxis pedagogy
Please send 250-300 word proposals and a brief bio to Alejandra Ortega (firstname.lastname@example.org) by April 17, 2022.