ASLE Panel at Midwest MLA
deadline for submissions:
April 15, 2022
full name / name of organization:
MMLA / ASLE
This year’s Midwest Modern Language Association Convention will be held in Minneapolis, MN November 16th-21st. Please see the conference website for details: http://www.luc.edu/mmla/convention/.
In response to the MMLA 2022 theme “Post-Now” this panel seeks papers that deal with environmental futures. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- cli-fi or speculative ecofiction
- Afrofuturist ecology
- decolonial environmentalism
- the future of ecocriticism / emergent trends in ecocriticism, ecotheory, and/or environmental humanities
- postgrowth rhetorics or imaginaries; postsustainability
- climate justice and covid recovery
- imagining or critiquing a post-Anthropocene
Proposals focused on any area of literature are welcome, as are proposals on activism and/or pedagogy. Please submit a 250-300 word abstract including paper title and a brief bio statement to Lisa Ottum at email@example.com by April 15th. Queries welcome.