“Post-Now” Screen Adaptation (MMLA, DEADLINE EXTENDED - May 10)
The Film II permanent section panel seeks papers that examine screen adaptation in the moment of variously theorized “post-nows”: post-literature, post-cinema, and/or post-television. Proposals may be on any topic related to screens and adaptation, including papers that:
- Analyze adaptations of literary works on film, television, and streaming screens.
- Theorize the relation of literature to film, television, and streaming screens.
- Examine screen adaptations in cultural contexts, including those of race, gender, sexuality, and social class.
- Situate screen adaptations by means of commercial, industrial, sociological, and/or archival studies.
- Focus on any of the following subjects: literary aesthetics and/or form on screen; representation of film, television, and screens in literature; cinematic television, etc.
For consideration, please send a CV and 250-word abstract with a proposed paper title to email@example.com by May 10, 2022.
For more information about the 2022 MMLA conference, which will be held in Minneapolis, MN from November 17-20, 2022, please visit: https://www.luc.edu/mmla/convention/