King Arthur "Quondam et Futurus"
This session is part of the 35th annual Medieval-Renaissance Conference, sponsored by the Center for Medieval-Renaissance Studies at the University of Virginia's College at Wise, Spetember 15-17, 2022. It welcomes proposals about all topics related to King Arthur as a figure in literature, history, art, and entertainment. Interested in interdisciplinary approaches, such as the character of Arthur in romance and history, in art and literature, and in popular media, are especially encouraged. We also welcome proposals on:
- Origins of the Arthur Story
- Arthur in Romance and/or Chronicle
- Arthur in the Early Modern period
- European Representations of Arthur
- Receptions of the Arthur story in non-Western cultures
- Representations of Arthur in film, television, graphic fiction, and digital media
- Arthur in the contemporary classroom
Please submit 250-300 word abstracts for papers, or 150-200 word panel proposals, plus abstracts, to Kenneth Tiller, Professsor of English, University of Virginia-Wise, email@example.com, by July 11th.
Please also indicate on your submission whether you plan to present in-person or remotely via Zoom.