**URGENT** 1-2 Additional Chapters Needed For an Edited Collection on Cinema
I am seeking 1-2 additional chapters for a collection entitled Cinema/Liberation/Theology. The volume is composed of 14 chapters covering a range of cinematic and theological traditions from around the world, from history and from a wide variety of genres. I am specifically looking for contributions covering any of the following topics (topics marked with a star (*) are considered priority):
- *A chapter on Native American/Indigenous cinema and religion (possibly with a focus on decolonization, AIM, and/or liberation theology)
- *A chapter on Caribbean cinema and theology (possibly geared toward the representation of Haitian Vodou, the Haitian Revolution, or a related topic)
-*Queerness, cinema and liberation theology.
-*Trans cinema, theology and liberation.
-Race, racism, cinema and liberation Theology
- Chapters on Southeast Asian religion and cinema.
- Any proposals covering theological and cinematic traditions from around the globe, as well as any cinematic genre (horror, sci fi, drama, comedy, fantasy, western, avant garde, etc.).
- We also accept scholarship from a variety of disciplinary and interdisciplary perspectives (Marxist, Feminist, Queer Theory, Intersectional, Psychoanalytic, Historical, Decolonial Theory, Critical Theology, and so forth).
Additionally, we are absolutely willing to accept proposals on topics that may not fall under the parameters mentioned above. We also welcome experimental proposals that stretch the traditional definitions of "Religion," "Theology," "Cinema," "Liberation," "Genre," and so on. We encourage early career researchers, PhDs and ABD's to submit!
If you are interested in submitting a proposal or a completed manuscript, please include a 250-500 word abstract, your academic CV, and a 50-80 word author bio to firstname.lastname@example.org by AUGUST 1st, 2022. The due date is somewhat flexible, though we will treat proposals received prior to the August deadline with priority.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out at email@example.com.