Call for papers | Institutional Discourses of Authority on the School and the Education Systems: Circulation and (re)Production of Meanings in Education Research
Revista Lusófona de Educação announces a call for papers for the thematic dossier Institutional Discourses of Authority on the School and the Education Systems: Circulation and (re)Production of Meanings in Education Research.
Guest Editors: Luís Manuel Bernardo (CHAM, Universidade NOVA de Lisboa, Portugal), Daniel Bart (Théodile-CIREL, Université de Lille, France) and Teresa Teixeira Lopo (CeiED-OP.Edu, Universidade Lusófona, Portugal)
We welcome contributions to this dossier that problematize the following aspects (the list is not exhaustive):
- How discourse works and the mechanisms used to construct authority in institutional discourses on the School and/or education systems;
- How institutional authority discourses are received by the scientific community of education sciences, and the effects produced in the discourses of education research;
- The counter discourse on the School and/or education systems, its discursive functioning and limits;
- Specific cases and contexts where authority discourses in education are used or discussed;
- Representations, figures, agents, types of texts susceptible of generating authority discourses in education;
- The contribution of education researchers for the different forms of institutional authority discourses on the School and education systems: reports from national or international organisations, curricula, school assessments, professional prescriptions, textbooks, teacher training, etc.;
- The positionings and circulation of actors in education (researchers, experts, politicians, leaders, teachers, trainers, activists, etc.) in the places where authority discourses on the School are prepared, and the questioning of their frontiers.
Languages of submission: Portuguese, French, English, Spanish
Important dates: Submissions: until 30 November 2022; Reviewing: until 28 February 2023; Publication: in the first half of 2023
Authors should submit a proposal of between 30,000-40,000 characters (including spaces), and inclusive of abstracts in Portuguese, French, English and Spanish (1200-1500 characters including spaces), graphs, tables, images, footnotes and references (limited to 25).
The submission rules can be found at: https://revistas.ulusofona.pt/index.php/rleducacao/about/submissions
Proposals should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Detailed information about this call can be accessed here: https://revistas.ulusofona.pt/index.php/rleducacao/announcement/view/164
Revista Lusófona de Educação is a scientific journal indexed in SCOPUS. H index 10, Q3, IF (0.215).