CfP Essachess – Journal for Communication Studies: Crisis Communication and Challenges of Disinformation in an Era of Information Warfare: The Ukraine War
Call for Papers for volume 16, n° 1(31)/ 2023
ESSACHESS – Journal for Communication Studies
Crisis Communication and Challenges of Disinformation
in an Era of Information Warfare:
The Ukraine War
Complete call available here:
Sorin NASTASIA, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Public Relations
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Amiso M. GEORGE, Ph.D., APR, Fellow PRSA, Professor of Strategic Communication,
TC University, Fort Worth, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
This special issue seeks contributions in English or French, grounded in empirical research and theoretical considerations, and assessing aspects related to the war in Ukraine including those regarding the functions of communication in the conflict, the various state and non-state actors involved, the communication techniques utilized, the types of traditional media and new media employed, and the impact of communication on audiences.
- July 25, 2022: submission of the proposal in the form of an extended abstract of maximum 2 pages. The proposal must include a list of recent references and 5 keywords.
- August 30, 2022: acceptance of the proposal.
- December 1, 2022: full paper submission.
- February 28, 2023: reviewer’s comments to be communicated to authors.
- April 30, 2023: submission of paper with final revisions (after revisions).
- July 2023: journal publication.
Full papers should be between 6,000-8,000 words in length. Papers may be submitted in English or French. The abstracts should be in English or French as well (150-200 words) followed by 5 keywords. Please provide the full names, affiliations, and e-mail addresses of all authors, indicating the contact author. Papers, and any queries, should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No payment from the authors will be required.