Pathways to Diverse and Inclusive Curricula: The Way Forward
Many academic institutions have been evaluating their diversity and inclusion statements. At the department level, several faculty members recognize that their curriculum also needs to be evaluated.
Watchung Review invites scholarly articles and creative works that consider the following questions for the profession, for the discipline, for our areas of specialization, and for the larger society:
- What does a diverse and inclusive curriculum look like?
- Is a diverse and inclusive curriculum possible within the current department structure?
- What is our role as scholars, researchers, teachers, and community members during this time of reflection and evaluation?
- How do we move forward?
- In what ways has the pandemic influenced curricula?
- What have we learned from HyFlex, Hybrid and Remote Teaching?
- Creative submissions of high-quality prose and poetry that imaginatively address the theme will also be accepted. Submissions cannot be previously published. No simultaneous submissions.
- Poems should not exceed five pages. We will consider up to three poems at a time. Please submit all your poems in one document
- Short Stories should be between 2500-5000 words.
- Scholarly articles should be between 3000-6000 words. Include an abstract of 300 words and use MLA format. Please use endnotes not footnotes.
- Book Reviews should not exceed 2500 words. The subject matter of the book reviewed should address the theme. Watchung Review is interested in reviews of books published from 2021-2022.
- in a standard web/print font, such as Times New Roman or Arial in 10-12 pt. font. (No courier, or comic sans, please.)
- free of your name or other identifying/contact information in the manuscript, header, and filename
- attach a cover page with your manuscript that lists your name and contact information
- submitted in an accepted file type: doc, docx, rtf, txt, html
Please note: submissions that do not follow our guidelines will be automatically declined without explanation.
Deadline: May 31st, 2023
Please send inquiries and submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org