Open Call for Papers (non-thematic): [sic] - A Journal of Literature, Culture and Literary Translation
[sic] – a journal of literature, culture and literary translation invites submissions for the upcoming 26th issue. We accept:
- original research papers: 5,000 to 7,000 words including references and footnotes
- reviews: up to 2,000 words
- translations of literary texts: 5,000 to 7,000 words
Submission of research papers, reviews, translations of literary texts implies that the work described has not been published previously and that its publication is approved by all authors. By submitting a manuscript to [sic], the authors acknowledge that the manuscript is original and entirely the result of work of the author or authors. The ownership and rights of works submitted and published in [sic] shall reside with the author(s). However, [sic] reserves the primary right of publication.
All manuscripts (research papers, reviews, and translations of literary texts) should be submitted by email attachment to email@example.com. [sic] accepts submissions in English or Croatian. Manuscripts must be computer typed and saved in .doc or .docx formats (Times New Roman, letter size 12 points, double spaced, fully paginated). Please attach to every submission a covering letter confirming that all authors have agreed to the submission and that the manuscript is not currently being considered for publication by any other journal.
All submitted research papers should include the following:
- title page with full title and subtitle (if any)
For the purposes of blind refereeing, full name of each author with current affiliation and full contact details plus short biographical note (up to 150 words) should be supplied in a separate file. Please ensure that you have anonymized the script throughout, deleting self-references until after the review process is complete.
- abstract of 100-150 words
- up to 10 key words
- main text and word count – submissions must not exceed a total of 7,000 words, including abstract, main text, notes, all references and author’s short biographical note.
Authors are responsible for obtaining permission from copyright holders for reproducing any illustrations, tables, figures or lengthy quotations previously published elsewhere (all quotations, titles, names, and dates should be double-checked for accuracy).
All submitted reviews should include the following:
- title page with full title of the review and additional information on the work reviewed (title, author, publisher, place and date of publication, number of pages)
- main text and word count – submissions (main text of the review and author's biography) must not exceed a total of 2,000 words
Translations of Literary Texts
All translations should include the following:
- title page with full title and subtitle (if any) and the author’s and translator’s name
- the translator’s and the original author’s biographical note (up to 150 words each)
- main text and word count – submissions (main text or the translation, original author’s and translator’s biographies) must not exceed a total of 7,000 words
Authors of translations are responsible for obtaining permission from copyright holders allowing the publication of the original author’s work in their translation in [sic].
Citing and Formatting
Authors are responsible for ensuring that manuscripts are accurately typed before final submission. Manuscripts may be returned to the author if they do not follow the basic guidelines of the house style. The house style for [sic] is based on MLA (Modern Language Association) Style (MLA Formatting). Additional MLA resources and information can be accessed here: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/mla_style/mla_formatting_and_style_guide/mla_endnotes_and_footnotes.html. Authors will receive proofs of their manuscripts and be asked to send corrections to the editors within 3 weeks. Submissions are subject to editing and styling that complies with the journal's standards. Submitted manuscripts are not returned to authors. The journal does not pay contributors.
Any correspondence, queries or additional requests for information on the Submission Process should be sent to the journal’s editors at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission deadline: September 1, 2022
Anticipated publication date: December 2022