Caribbean Literature at CEA 2023 (March 30 – April 1, 2023 )
Call for Papers, Caribbean Literature at CEA 2023
March 30 – April 1, 2023 | San Antonio, TX
Sheraton Gunter Hotel, 205 East Houston Street, San Antonio, TX 78205
The College English Association, a gathering of scholar-teachers in English studies, welcomes proposals for presentations on Caribbean Literature for our 53rd annual conference. Submit your proposal at www.cea-web.org.
The general conference theme is “confluence,” so we are especially interested in presentations that feature topics relating to our theme of confluence in texts, disciplines, people, cultural studies, media, and pedagogy.
We welcome individual and panel presentation proposals that address Caribbean literature in general, including—but not limited to—the following possible themes:
- Convergence: blending the past and the present—or dividing it
- Individuality: struggling to find the self in the many; the value of standing alone
- Heritage: recognizing those who came before and their influence on us now
- Transcultural life: living in-between; creating a new space
- Revision: re-seeing the parts that have created the whole; the dangers of privileging one
- Reclamation: uncovering the forgotten voices; contrasting with the dominant voice
General Call for Papers: CEA also welcomes proposals for presentations in any of the areas English departments typically encompass, including literature criticism and scholarship, creative writing, composition, technical communication, linguistics, and film. We also welcome papers on areas that influence our work as academics, including student demographics, student/instructor accountability and assessment, student advising, academic leadership in departments and programs, and the place of the English department in the university.
Submission deadline: November 1, 2022. For more information on how to submit, please see the full CFP at www.cea-web.org.
Membership: All presenters at the CEA 2023 conference must become members of CEA by January 1, 2023. To join CEA, please go to www.cea-web.org.
Other questions? Please email me at <email@example.com> and note “San Antonio Conference” in the subject line.