Wooden O Symposium
August 7-9, 2023
Southern Utah University - Utah Shakespeare Festival
The 2023 Wooden O Symposium invites panel and paper proposals on any topic relating to Shakespeare and his plays:
- Literary Analysis & Theoretical Approaches
- Shakespeare and Adaptation
- Shakespeare on Screen
- Shakespeare and History, Culture, and Society
- Shakespeare and his Contemporaries
- Shakespeare and Rhetoric
- Shakespeare in Performance
- Shakespeare and the Arts
We encourage papers and presentations that speak to the Utah Shakespeare Festival’s 2023 summer season: A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Coriolanus, Timon of Athens, and Romeo and Juliet.
This year’s meeting will be face-to-face with 1-2 panels reserved for virtual participants. Submit your proposals utilizing the linked form: Wooden O Symposium Submission Form.
The deadline for proposals is March 15, 2023. Session chairs and individual authors will be informed of acceptance no later than May 1. Please include a 250-word abstract or session proposal (including individual abstracts) and the following information:
- name of presenter(s)
- participant category (faculty, graduate student, undergraduate, or independent scholar)
- college/university affiliation
- mailing address
- email address
- audio/visual requirements and any other special requests.