Otherness - A One-Day Postgraduate Colloquium
We are delighted to announce a one-day colloquium on the topic of Otherness. The event will take place on Friday, the 26th of May 2023 at the University of Sheffield.
Our Keynote Speaker is Dr Maisha Wester.
Topics could include (but are not limited to):
- The monstrous other: strange and unnatural places and beings
- The magnetic other: texts, films, and methodologies which seek out or celebrate the alternative
- Other sounds and speech, linguistic otherness
- Other selves: alter-egos, past and future selves, the (re)imagined self
- Otherness on display: performing culture and subculture, difference as belonging
- Alternative approaches, other theories and methods
Please send abstracts of up to 300 words and bios of up to 100 words to email@example.com by Sunday, the 5th of March 2023.
Speakers will be allocated 15 minutes – we welcome alternative presentations such as short films, creative readings, or video essays.
Contact and further information:
Sunday 5th of March 2023: Submission deadline
Monday 3rd of April 2023: Response to submissions
Friday 26th of May 2023: Colloquium date