'Less Talk, More Action': An International Conference on Changing the Course of Women’s Academic Leadership
Call for Papers Conference Title: Less Talk, More Action: An International Conference on Changing the Course of Women’s Academic Leadership
Date: 17th-18th October’23
Venue: Quaid-e-Azam Auditorium, Faisal Campus, International Islamic University, Islamabad
We are inviting submissions for research paper presentations and panel discussions on the topic of women's academic leadership. This event is a part of a project titled “Shattering the Glass Ceiling: Challenges and Opportunities for Women Academic Leaders in Pakistani Universities” funded by Pakistan’s Higher Education Commission. Our conference titled “Less Talk More Action: Changing the Course of Women’s Academic Leadership” aims to provide a platform for scholars, researchers, and professionals to share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives on the challenges and opportunities facing women leaders in academia, and to foster discussions and collaborations around advancing gender equity and diversity in higher education. We are particularly interested in encouraging women academics from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds to participate.
Papers can address, but are not limited to, the following topics:
- Barriers to women's advancement in academia
- Women as enablers: Possibilities and obstacles
- Strategies for undoing abuse in academia
- Mentorship and networks in supporting women's academic careers
- The impact of intersectionality on women's academic leadership
- The influence of organizational culture on women's leadership in academia
- Governments and NGOs promoting gender equality in academic leadership
- Intersectional identities (e.g., race, ethnicity, disability) and women's academic leadership experiences
- Policies and programs aimed at improving gender equity and diversity in higher education institutions
- Challenging the gas lighting of women in academia
We encourage submissions from individuals representing a variety of perspectives, including academic researchers, practitioners, policy makers, and graduate students. Submissions should be based on original research and should address relevant and contemporary issues in women's academic leadership. The accepted papers will be subjected to a blind peer review.
The conference will be held from 17th-18th October’23 at the Quaid-e-Azam Auditorium, Faisal Campus, International Islamic University, Islamabad (IIUI).
- Submissions should include an abstract of up to 250 words and a brief biographical statement of the author(s). All submissions will be reviewed by a panel of experts in the field.
- The abstracts must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th April’23.
- Intimation of accepted abstracts: 25th April’23.
- Full paper submission deadline for revieweby 5th June’23
- Feedback on papers: 14th July’23.
- Papers should be between 2,000 and 2,500 words in length and formatted in accordance with the APA 7 style guide.
- The fully developed papers will be published in the IIUI’s International Journal of Innovation in Teaching and Learning (Y category) special issue
- Panel discussions should be structured to encourage interaction.
We look forward to your submissions and to an engaging and enlightening event.
For further information, please write to:
- Dr. Fatima Maqsood (email@example.com)
- Dr. Fatima Alvi (fatima.batool@ iiu.edu.pk)