MLA: Romanian Studies in the Digital Space
The Romanian Studies Association of America welcomes paper proposals on "Romanian Studies in the Digital Space" for the 2024 MLA convention. This is a great opportunity to engage in a conversation about digital modalities of promoting Romanian culture globally, addressing their impact on disseminating forms of Romanian culture to diverse audiences. Analyses may include journals, websites, translations, film, and the work of various organizations. The following topics are encouraged:
- Romanian-US cultural collaborations (language and culture teaching, online film festivals, theater, etc.) and organizations
- Online presence of Romanian Literature and culture in the Diaspora (journals, websites, readings, organizations, etc.)
- Translation projects
- How, what, and where is the diaspora reading? What are the digital spaces that encourage this exchange?
- To what extent are academic sources from Romania available?
- How are Romanian academics furthering the impact of their research in the digital era?
- What online spaces are promoting Romanian culture and how is Romanian culture promoted?
- Interdisciplinary cross-cultural projects
Deadline extended: Submit proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 30, 2023.