Disney Studies at NEPCA (Hybrid Conference)
The Northeast Popular Culture Association (NEPCA) is welcoming proposals for its 2021 annual conference. We are hosting the conference virtually from October 21st through October 23rd. Proposals may be submitted by August 1st and should include author's/authors' contact information, working title, abstract, and short author's/authors' bio, and may be submitted at http://nepca.blog/conference.
Disney Studies [Special Topic]
Current Chair: Priscilla Hobbs, Southern New Hampshire University, firstname.lastname@example.org
This area invites submissions from scholars and independent researchers for topics related to Disney. The intent behind this area is to foster dialogue about an entertainment corporation that has seeped and inspired many facets of popular culture. Submission topics are welcome for any Disney-related topic, including but not limited to:
- Theme Parks and hyperreality
- Animation (films, process)
- Princesses, Pirates, and everything in between
- Walt Disney
- Imagineering and urban planning
- Disney+, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, The Wonderful World of Disney
- DisneyNature, the True Life Adventures, and Ecology
- Diversity and Disney Hegemony
NOTE: Proposals for acquired properties (e.g. Star Wars, The Muppets) are welcome, but need to connect to Disney.