Call for Co-Editors - Journal of Contemporary Poetics
Dear Scholars and Researchers,
We are pleased to announce an exciting opportunity to contribute to the advancement of scholarly discourse in the field of contemporary poetics. The Journal of Contemporary Poetics is seeking enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to join our esteemed editorial team as Co-Editors.
About the Journal: The Journal of Contemporary Poetics (JCP) is a prestigious bi-annual, double-blind peer-reviewed journal published by the Department of English at the International Islamic University, Islamabad, Pakistan. As a journal focusing on literature and linguistics, JCP is committed to fostering scholarly discourse at the intersection of local and global perspectives. In addition to research articles, the journal also features thought-provoking book and film reviews and insightful conversations and interviews with contemporary scholars and writers.
Aims and Scope
JCP provides a platform to researchers and scholars to engage in research situated at the cusp of the local and the global discourses, inviting cross-cultural mediation that articulates perspectives stemming from various socio-political and discursive positions. Our key objective is to maintain high standards in research that are on a par with global research culture in academia. Apart from its primary concern with literary and linguistic studies, JCP gladly embraces research that interweaves literary perspectives from different disciplines – cultural studies, the social sciences, natural and applied sciences, computing, media and communication. JCP also publishes special issues occasionally to initiate debates that are not necessarily West-centric and invite an unsettling of hegemonic narratives and power relations that have continued to shape the contemporary world.
Editorial Responsibilities: As a Co-Editor, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the intellectual direction of the journal. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Editorial Direction and Strategy:
- Develop and implement editorial strategies in alignment with the journal's goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with the editorial team to define the scope and focus of the journal's content.
- Identify emerging trends, topics, and areas of interest to guide content development.
- Reviewing submitted manuscripts for quality, relevance, and originality.
Content Planning and Coordination:
- Assign articles, projects, or topics to reviewers based on their expertise and the journal's needs.
- Collaborate with writers, designers, photographers, IT experts and other stakeholders to ensure cohesive and engaging content.
- Collaborating with fellow editors and reviewers to ensure rigorous peer review.
- Review, edit, and proofread submitted manuscripts to ensure accuracy, clarity, and adherence to style guidelines.
- Fact-check information, verify sources, and ensure the integrity of the content via Turnitin and other sources.
- To ensure that the manuscript submitted is not AI generated.
- Ensure consistent tone, voice, and messaging across all published materials.
Collaboration and Team Management:
- Recruit, train, and manage a team of writers, reporters, and other editorial staff.
- Foster a collaborative and creative work environment, encouraging innovation and new ideas.
Publication and Distribution:
- Oversee the layout, design, and visual elements of the content to enhance reader engagement.
- Collaborate with design and production teams to ensure high-quality visuals and graphics are integrated effectively.
- Ensure compliance with publication schedules and meet deadlines for content delivery.
Audience Engagement and Feedback:
- Monitor reader feedback and engagement metrics to assess the impact and effectiveness of published content.
- Respond to reader inquiries, comments, and suggestions, fostering a positive reader-editor relationship.
- Marketing and publicising the journals’ content and announcements on behalf of the JCP.
Ethical and Legal Considerations:
- Ensure content adheres to ethical guidelines, and copyright regulations as prescribed by the HEC and international bodies like COPE.
Innovation and Adaptation:
- Stay updated with industry trends, technological advancements, and best practices in editing and content creation.
- Embrace new technologies and tools to enhance editorial processes and improve content delivery.
Qualifications: We welcome applications from scholars who possess the following qualifications:
- PhD in the relevant field.
- A strong research background in contemporary literature, linguistics and ELT.
- Expertise in critical analysis and scholarly writing.
- Active engagement in academic communities and familiarity with current debates.
- Effective communication skills and a commitment to timely and constructive feedback.
- Strong networking skills with national and international scholars.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by 30th September’23. Please include the following in your application:
- A cover letter expressing your interest and outlining your relevant qualifications.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) highlighting your academic achievements.
- A list of your notable publications and contributions to the field.
Submission Process: Please send your application to email@example.com with the subject line "Editor Application - Journal of Contemporary Poetics." Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps in the selection process.
We look forward to welcoming passionate and dedicated individuals to our editorial team. Join us in shaping the discourse on contemporary poetics and contributing to the advancement of scholarly research.
For inquiries or more information, please contact to firstname.lastname@example.org.