Whither postcolonialism? New directions in postcolonial studies
New directions in postcolonial studies
A Two-day International Online Conference
1-2 December 2023
CALL FOR PAPERS
Postcolonial studies as a way of reclaiming history from the perspective of the colonised continues to uncover the myriad fraught legacies of colonialism. The emergence of newer interdisciplinary areas of inquiry, such as climate change, has further revealed tangled legacies of colonialism that continue to persist. The burgeoning field of postcolonial print culture studies, in turn, has been bringing to the fore a fascinating terrain of production, circulation and consumption of print in colonial contexts that is particularly enriching our knowledge of anticolonial resistance in various ways. This conference aims to bring together academic work in some of the newer sub-fields of postcolonial inquiry with attention to continuities. Research papers are welcome from across disciplines on, but not restricted to, the following themes:
- Climate change, caste and gender
- Climate change and endangerment of languages
- Climate change and changing cultural practices, and literature
- Climate change and marginalized sexualities
- Ecology and literature
- Environmental humanities and postcolonial studies
- Local knowledge and climate change
- Postcolonial autobiography
- Postcolonial print culture
- Translation and postcolonial studies
- Abstracts within 250 words, upto 5 keywords, and a bio-note within 100 words due by 12 November 2023.
- Submit your abstract via this link: https://forms.gle/iJvL5XdDSKLFo4Wp9
- Selection of abstracts and details of online registration will be notified by email by 19 November 2023.
- Registration deadline for presenters: 23 November 2023
- Full papers for presentation not exceeding 2000 words, following MLA style (9th edition), are to be submitted by email to email@example.com
by 28 November 2023.
Publication: Submitted papers will be peer-reviewed by experts in respective areas and published in an edited volume by a reputed national academic publisher.
Conference registration fees:
Paper presentation: Rs 350.00 (Co-authored papers require individual registration)