"Women's Voices in Poetry," 2014 RMMLA Convention, Boise, Idaho, October 9-11, 2014
This session invites proposals that address any aspect of women's voices in poetry to be delivered at the 2014 RMMLA Convention in Boise, Idaho, 9-11 October 2014. Topics that could be explored, but are certainly not limited to:
• How women poets address patriarchy.
• Social versus private poetry.
• Constructions of race, sexuality, and gender.
• Relationships (e.g. reader-writer, mother, lover, with self) or rejection of relationships.
• Oppression and its manifestations.
Individual abstracts for presentations timed around 15-20 minutes should include your name, affiliation, title, and a 300 word abstract. Please send proposals to email@example.com by 1 March 2014. You will be notified whether or not your presentation has been selected by 15 March 2014
For more information on the conference, visit the RMMLA website: