452ºF CFP: The history of theory and its Hispanic uses
On January 31st 2014, we start the CFP for the twelfth issue of the 452°F Journal of Literary Theory and Comparative Literature (www.452f.com), to be published on January 31st 2015. This CFP is open and addressed to anyone who wishes to contribute and who holds at least a BA degree.
The criteria below regulate the reception and publication of articles and are subject to the content of the Peer-review System, the Style-sheet and the Legal Notice. These can be consulted in the Procedures area of the web page.
- The deadline for submissions is July 31, 2014; all articles received after this date will be rejected.
- The number of articles included in the twelfth issue will be between 8 and 12. The Editorial Board will represent at most 20% of the total.
- According to their field of interest, the articles will be placed in the corresponding section of the Journal (monographic or miscellaneous).
- The monographic section will be restricted to 4 to 6 articles and, in the twelfth issue, will bring together a body of texts dealing with "The history of theory and its Hispanic uses". A non-comprehensive list of possible topics is:
a) Past and present of theory: discursive and institutional study of literary theory, in its original context and at present.
b) History, uses and conceptual transformations.
c) Literary theory at the crossroads: between knowledge, politics and literature.
d) Literary theory and intellectual history.
e) Means of production, conceptual circulation, and transformation of the intellectual field: universities, journals, new magazines, television, the Internet.
f) Translations, re-readings, and theoretical borrowings.
g) Theory in the Hispanic context: comparative studies.
h) Historical transformations of theory.
i) Critical uses of literary theory.
- All other articles will constitute the miscellaneous section, for which the choice of topic and approach is free, as long as they fall within the margins of Literary Theory and Comparative Literature.
- Articles should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The "subject" of the email should state the section the article is aimed at ("monographic" or "miscellaneous"), the author's name and the title of the article.
Call for Reviews
452°F is also accepting book reviews for a section of the journal devoted to newly published books.
- Reviews must be original and unpublished.
- Books reviewed should be of new or recent (last 2 years) publication, and discuss issues in Literary Theory, Literary Criticism and/or Comparative Literature.
- We would also consider reviews of relevant new editions or translations related to the field of study, provided that the date of publication is in accordance with the above stated criteria.
- Format, notes, quotations and references should follow the criteria of the journal's style-sheet.
- Reviews should include a title, the citation of the book reviewed and the number of pages, and will not contain an abstract nor key words.
- Reviews should not exceed 1500 words.
- Please send your proposals to email@example.com.