Representing and Remembering the Holocaust Online Research Forum
After a highly successful first digital forum, the Holocaust, contemporary genocide, popular culture and digital technology research group issues this call for papers for the next online forum.
Topics may include, but not exclusively:
• Holocaust and genocide representation in contemporary theatre, film, television and digital media;
• Opportunities and challenges digital technology offers to Holocaust and genocide memory;
• Understandings of the Holocaust and genocide in relation to trauma studies, memory studies; cultural studies; historiography and other readings;
• Holocaust and genocide commemoration and education particularly in relation to media and technology;
• How memory of contemporary genocides and atrocities are constructed in the public sphere;
• How atrocity anniversaries are remembered in the media – Kristallnacht, Rwanda and Armenia.
Time and Date: Online forum: Tuesday 9th December, Midday (GMT)
The forum will be held online via digital conferencing software. You will need a microphone, headphones and web camera. Attendance is free.
Please submit abstracts of 200-300 words to email@example.com by 31st August 2014.
If you cannot make the forum, but would like to be involved in the research group please also email the address above.
Research Group Website: http://holocaustgenocidepopularculture.wordpress.com/about/