The E. E. Cummings Society will sponsor two sessions at the 2018 ALA. We invite proposals for papers on any aspect of Cummings' life or work. Proposals that touch upon the following topics will be especially welcome:
- Cummings in 1917-1918 (detention at La Ferté Macé, Cummings at Camp Devens, The Enormous Room as a modernist memoir)
- Early experiments in modernism
- Readings of little-studied Cummings poems
- Re-readings of much-studied Cummings poems
- Cummings among the modernists and post-modernists
- Love and art vs. the unworld of modernity
Submit 250-400 word abstracts to Michael Webster (firstname.lastname@example.org) by January 27, 2018.